Sold 04/09/09 for
This is my 1987 Nova. It's been a great car, one of the best I have ever
owned. In the fall of 2001 (?) it was a gift from my parents (they were
getting a new car and the dealer would not give them much for it because it was
more than 10 years old at the time). It had 92K miles on it when it came to me.
It now has over 146K miles (Winter 2008) Gas mileage is averages 25 city 32
highway. I have got up to 34 highway on a long trip.
(<Click To Expand)
< Classic Photo
List of repairs / upgrades since it has been in my care include :
- (4) New Aluminum American Racing Wheels ($475.00)
- New McPherson Struts all the way around ($800.00)
- Mud Flaps / Red Bumper Pin Stripes
- Vent Shades - All Four Doors (took some searching to find these baby's !)
- Paint Buff - Resulted in rubbing though the clear coat - needs new paint
- Steam Clean Carpets & Interior - great results !
- Replaced the muffler / tail pipe ($250.00)
- New Rebuilt Carburetor ($200.00)
- Added the optional factory passenger side rear view mirror
- Replaced the headliner myself (so so results but much better than it was =
- Installed a CD player and better speakers ($150.00)
- Had the rear windows tinted (nice) ($150.00)
- Installed Dual Tone GM Nova Horns (sounds like a full size when you hit
the horn now !)
- Driving Lights
- New Fuel Filter / Fuel Pump ($100.00)
- New Valve cover gasket - had the valves professionally adjusted to factory
specifications. Compression test shows a 4 cylinders like new !
- New Battery Hold Down
- New Ceramic Disc Brakes, best rotors & rear wheel cylinders - wow so much
better than factory and very little BRAKE DUST ! ($230.00)
- New NOS Ignition Switch ($140.00)
- New NOS Radiator with professional install. ($200.00)
- New Belts (Both) ($100.00)
- Replaced the sealed beams with Blue Halo Diamond Cut assemblies. This
allows me to use the new style bulbs.
- 10/07 New Windshield Washer Pump, the other one just quit.
- 10/07 New water pump (was leaking a little)
- 10/07 New Timing Belt (every 70K miles) 137775
- 10/07 New Battery ($75.00)
- 12/07 New Head Gasket (went bad at idle in the driveway, no head damage)
- 12/07 New Fuel Pump (again, the first one from NAPA went bad... )
- 12/07 New Rear Main Seal to fix minor oil leak.
- 12/07 Lubricate Main Steering Yoke ($900.00
- 01/08 Adjust timing (N/C)
- 01/08 New Master Cylinder / Adjust Rear Brakes
($130.50 Total 01/08)
- 05/08 (4) New Michelin Tires ($375.00)
- 06/08 A/C Charge (A/C Blows cold but needs to be done once a year)
- 01/09 Exhaust System Repair
- 04/09 Put car up for sale 145680 miles
- Extras : Used steering yoke ($35.00)
- Extras : (4) like new studded snow tires on rims